Curation

On 4th May we visited the Riverfront Gallery to see the space in which we would be exhibiting, to allocate areas for each of us and then take any photographs, measurements and sketches we needed for our installation.









I was generously allocated this lovely corner at the entrance that Casey is pointing to:


I sketched the area, took measurements and photographed any details that might be useful (sketches and measurements are in sketch book):





Up until this point, I had been planning to hang some seeds from the ceiling, but the gallery manager informed us that this would not be possible. A couple of alternatives sprung to mind - either use some sort of wire from the pod to attach the seed to, which would have the added benefit of looking like the seed trajectory as it exploded from the pod, or I spotted these hooks at the top of the wall, which I could string up and then hang the seeds from the string.

The following week we made maquettes of how we envisaged our final installations:





I really liked the shadows that were cast upon using strong directional lighting in a darkened space, however I will not be able to achieve this at the riverfront due to the glass wall and bright natural light that comes through.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human & Plant Migration Research

Paper Engineering, Origami & Kirigami Study and Experimentation